Urinary Incontinence in Men & Women: What Are the Options?
June 21, 2015
It’s embarrassing, it’s inconvenient, it’s potentially a sign of other health problems. Urinary incontinence affects millions of people and it affects men and women for different reasons. In this post to HealthConnection.TV, urology expert Dr. Andrew Roberts answers questions about urinary incontinence in men and women.
- What is urinary incontinence?
- What are the different types of urinary incontinence?
- What are the causes of the various types of urinary incontinence?
- Is urinary incontinence more common in women than men? If so, why?
- How does childbearing affect women with respect to urinary incontinence?
- What is the connection between caffeine consumption and urinary incontinence?
- Does some degree of urinary incontinence occur as we age or can it be prevented?
- What are some of the effective treatments now available for urinary incontinence in women?
- Which treatments do you find effective for men?
- What are some of the surgical options for men and women?
- There are a lot of products on the over-the-counter market that claim to help with urinary incontinence. Is there any truth to their claims?
- If someone is suffering with urinary incontinence, what's the next step?