Sweet Dreams: How Sleep Can Be Better Than Ever
April 11, 2015
How important is a good night’s sleep? Every bit as important as a healthy diet and regular exercise. So how come so many of us struggle with sleeping and what can we do to address sleep disorders? UT Health Northeast sleep expert Kim Hazel addresses these questions in this post to HealthConnection.TV.
- How important is a good night's sleep?
- What are the most common sleep disorders?
- How do you know if you have a sleep disorder -- are there common symptoms to look for?
- Does snoring always mean that you have sleep apnea?
- If you think you have a sleep disorder, when is it time to see a sleep specialist for testing?
- How are sleep disorders diagnosed?
- Walk us through the process of a sleep test. What can we expect prior to and during the test?
- How effective are the new at-home sleeping tests?
- Do children have sleep disorders, too? How are they diagnosed?
- How serious are sleep disorders if they are not treated?
- In addition to seeing a sleep specialist, what can we do to get a better night's sleep?