Lung Cancer: East Texas Leads the State in Lung Cancer
April 5, 2013
East Texas leads the state in many things, but lung cancer is not one of those things we should be proud of. In this post to HealthConnection, one of UT Health’s cancer experts, Dr. Bill Hyman, answers questions about lung cancer among East Texans.
- What causes lung cancer?
- What are the symptoms of lung cancer?
- How is lung cancer diagnosed?
- How serious is a diagnosis of lung cancer?
- How is lung cancer treated?
- Why is the incidence of lung cancer higher in Northeast Texas than in the rest of the state?
- Why is lung cancer an even more serious disease among African-American and Hispanics?
- How can lung cancer be prevented?