Foot Pain: The Steps to Relief
November 5, 2017
Foot pain is a very common medical complaint, and it’s one that takes many forms and has multiple causes. In this post to HealthConnection.TV, UT Health Northeast podiatric medicine expert Dr. David Andreone answers your questions about foot pain — its causes and the steps that can be taken to give you relief.
Put your best foot forward by taking care of your feet. Learn more about Dr. Andreone and his podiatry services or call (903) 877-7826 to make an appointment.
- Please explain the medical specialty of podiatry.
- What are the most common causes of foot pain?
- Give us some examples of incidents that cause foot pains and strains. How can they be prevented and how do you treat the pain?
- What causes hammertoe and what can be done to treat it?
- How often is poor quality footwear to blame for foot pain. What should we look for when buying footwear?
- Discuss flat feet. Can they cause pain in our feet or other parts of our bodies? What can be done to relieve the pain and unpleasant symptoms of flat feet?
- Can today's foot injury lead to long term pain and complications?
- What is plantar fasciitis and what can be done to treat it?
- Does being overweight cause foot problems?
- What are your recommendations to help us take care of our feet and prevent foot pain?