2007 - Ph.D. Central Food Technological Research Institute, India
- Myocardial ischemia reperfusion injury
- Cell signaling, protein trafficking, protein-protein interaction
- Endothelial cell tight junction, angiogenesis and atherosclerosis
1. Kundumani-Sridharan V, Dyukova E, Hansen DE 3rd, et al. 2013. 12/15-Lipoxygenase Mediates High-fat Diet-induced Endothelial Tight Junction Disruption and Monocyte Transmigration: a new role for 15(s)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid in endothelial cell dysfunction. J Biol Chem. 288:15830-15842.
2. Kundumani-Sridharan V, Van Quyen D, Subramani J, et al. 2012. Novel interactions between NFATc1 and STAT-3 mediate G-protein-coupled receptor agonist, thrombin-induced biphasic expression of cyclin D1, with first phase influencing cell migration and second phase directing cell proliferation. J Biol Chem. 287:22463-22482.
3. Singh NK, Kundumani-Sridharan V, Rao GN. 2011. 12/15-Lipoxygenase gene knockout severely impairs ischemia-induced angiogenesis due to lack of Rac1 farnesylation. Blood. 118:5701-5712. Received Editorial Comment (Blood, 118:5367-5369).
4. Zhang Q, Wang D, Kundumani-Sridharan V, et al. 2010. PLD1-dependent PKCgamma activation downstream to Src is essential for the development of pathologic retinal neovascularization. Blood. 116:1377-1385. Received Editorial Comment (Blood, 116:1194-1196).
5. Kundumani-Sridharan V, Niu J, Wang D, et al. 2010. 15(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid-induced angiogenesis requires Src-mediated Egr-1-dependent rapid induction of FGF-2 expression. Blood. 115:2105-2116.
6. Kundumani-Sridharan V, Wang D, Karpurapu M, et al. 2007. Suppression of activation of signal transducer and activator of transcription-5B signaling in the vessel wall reduces balloon injury-induced neointima formation. Am. J. Pathol. 171:1381-1394.
7. Srivastava K, Kundumani-Sridharan V, Zhang B, et al. 2007. 15(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid-induced angiogenesis requires STAT3-dependent expression of VEGF. Cancer Res. 97:4328-4336.